Microsoft has now released the new Windows 11 July Update KB5015814 (Build 22000.795) for all devices running Windows 11. Update KB5015814 brings Search Highlights, support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 and new features of security.
The Search Highlights feature was recently announced by Microsoft for Dev Channel Insiders. The search highlights aim to showcase “remarkable and interesting moments like holidays, birthdays, and other educational moments in time.” For enterprise customers, search highlights will also feature the latest updates from the organization and suggest people, files, and more.
Update KB5015814 (Build 22000.795) adds support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 in Windows client and server Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) implementations. It also brings IP address auditing for incoming Windows Remote Management (WinRM) connections and adds a specific Server Message Block (SMB) redirector (RDR) public File System Control (FSCTL) code.
There are many improvements and fixes for Windows 11 issues, including fixes for upgrade failure, video playback issue in games, Bluetooth reconnection issue, and many other issues. Here is the complete changelog of KB5015814 update in terms of new features, fixes and improvements.
This non-security update includes quality improvements. The main changes include:
- New! Adds IP address auditing for incoming Windows Remote Management (WinRM) connections in security event 4262 and WinRM event 91. This fixes an issue that fails to log the source IP address and the machine name for a remote PowerShell connection.
- New! Adds the FSCTL_LMR_QUERY_INFO code specific to the Server Message Block (RDR) public File System Control (FSCTL) forwarder.
- New! Makes the order of the SMB client and SMB server cipher suite configurable using PowerShell.
- New! Presentation of research highlightsSearch highlights will feature notable and interesting moments of what’s special about each day, such as holidays, birthdays, and other educational moments in time, both around the world and in your area. To see search highlights, click or tap the search icon on your taskbar. For enterprise customers, search highlights will also feature the latest updates from your organization and suggest people, files, and more. the next weeks. We take a gradual and measured approach. Wide availability will take place in the coming months. For more information on group configuration, see Group Configuration: Search Items in Windows.
- New! Adds support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 in Windows LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) client and server implementations.
- Addresses a race condition issue that could cause an upgrade to Windows 11 (original release) to fail.
- Fixes an issue with incorrect display of Japanese characters in PowerShell.
- Addresses an issue that affects the Cloud Clipboard service and prevents synchronization between machines after a period of inactivity.
- Addresses an issue that does not hide the Windows Sandbox splash screen after starting Sandbox.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a device with a Japanese locale from working when you disable End User Defined Characters (EUDC).
- Activate it InternetExplorerModeEnableSavePageAs Group Policy. For more information, see the Microsoft Edge browser policy documentation.
- Provides the ability to use a network proxy during universal print operations.
- Addressed an issue that could cause consecutive video clips to fail to play in games using DirectX 12 (DX12).
- Fixes an issue that prevents some games from working if they use the XAudio API to play sound effects.
- Addresses an issue that affects certain certificate chains for Root Certification Authorities that are members of the Microsoft Root Certification Program. For these certificates, the status of the certificate chain may be “This certificate has been revoked by its certificate authority”.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the use of Encrypted File System (EFS) files over a Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) connection.
- Addresses an issue that causes a domain controller to incorrectly write Key Distribution Center (KDC) event 21 to the System Event Log. This occurs when the KDC successfully processes a Kerberos Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication (PKINIT) authentication request with a self-signed certificate for key trust scenarios (Windows Hello for Business and Device Authentication).
- Addresses an issue that prevents Bluetooth from reconnecting to some audio devices after restarting the devices.
- Addresses an issue that occurs when the Active Directory Lightweight Directory (AD LDS) service resets the password for userProxy objects. When you try to reset someone else’s password and you are authenticated using simple bind, the password reset fails. The error is something like “00000005: SvcErr: DSID-03380C23, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0”.
- Addresses an issue that causes Microsoft NTLM authentication to fail using an external trust. This issue occurs when a domain controller that contains Windows Update Services January 11, 2022 or later, the authentication request, is not in a root domain and does not hold the global catalog role. Affected operations may log the following errors:
- The security database has not been started.
- The domain was in the wrong state to perform the security operation.
- 0xc00000dd (STATUS_INVALID_DOMAIN_STATE).
- Fixes an issue that causes the Local users and groups Configuration Service Provider (CSP) policy fails when you modify the built-in Administrators group. This problem occurs if the local administrator account is not specified in the member list when you perform a replace operation.
- Addresses an issue where malformed XML inputs may cause an error in DeviceEnroller.exe. This prevents CSPs from being delivered to the device until you reboot the device or fix the XML.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Windows 11 (original version) from working when you install an app and there is no network connectivity.
- Updates the Start menu to show Windows PowerShell when right-clicking (Win+X) the Start button after uninstalling Windows Terminal.
- Changes the name of the Your Phone app to Phone Link on the Settings page.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the Microsoft Surface Dial personalization settings page from working.
Addresses a known issue that may prevent you from using the Wi-Fi hotspot feature. When attempting to use the hotspot feature, the host device may lose connection to the internet after connecting to the a client device.
If you have installed previous updates, only the new updates contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
You can manually download and install Windows 11 update KB5015814 by clicking here. If you need help understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our noob-friendly step-by-step tutorial.