Microsoft has now released a new Windows 11 Preview Update KB5015882 (Build 22000.829) (optional) for all devices running Windows 11. Update KB5015882 brings a new focus assist feature, OOBE update option and restore functionality for certain Windows Autopilot deployment scenarios.
The new focus assist feature allows you to receive urgent notifications when focus assist is activated. The new OOBE Update feature offers eligible devices the ability to update to a newer version of Windows 11 during the out-of-the-box (OOBE) experience upon first login.
Update KB5015882 (Build 22000.829) also restores functionality to Windows Autopilot deployment scenarios that are affected by the hardware reuse security mitigation. This update removes the one-time use restriction for Automatic Deployment Mode (SDM) and Pre-Provisioning (PP).
There are many improvements and fixes for Windows 11 issues, including fixes for File Explorer, Search, and many other issues. Here is the complete changelog of update KB5015882 in terms of new features, fixes and improvements.
This non-security update includes quality improvements. The main changes include:
- New! Allows you to opt in to receiving urgent notifications when Focus Assist is enabled.
- New! Provides eligible devices with the ability to update to a newer version of Windows 11 during the out-of-the-box experience (OOBE) when you first sign in. If you choose to update to a newer version, the update process will begin shortly after the update is installed on the device.
- New! Restores functionality for Windows Autopilot deployment scenarios that are affected by the hardware reuse security mitigation. This update removes the one-time use restriction for Automatic Deployment Mode (SDM) and Pre-Provisioning (PP). This update also re-enables any User Principal Name (UPN) display in User-Driven Mode (UDM) deployments for trusted manufacturers.
- Solves a problem in UIAutomation() which causes an application to stop.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the Start Task API from working as expected for some applications.
- Improves the reliability of a push-button reset after an OS upgrade.
- Addresses an issue that makes the Tenant Restrictions event logging channel inaccessible if you remove the EN-US language pack.
- Addresses an issue that causes certificate-based computer account authentication to fail under certain circumstances after installing the May 10, 2022 security updates on domain controllers.
- Addresses an issue that affects Arm64EC code that you create using the Windows 11 SDK.
- Update the Remove the object Cmdlet to properly interact with Microsoft OneDrive folders.
- Addresses an issue that prevents some troubleshooting tools from opening.
- Addresses an issue that causes port mapping conflicts for containers.
- Addresses an issue that causes Code Integrity to continue to trust a file after the file has been modified.
- Addressed issue that may prevent Windows from working when you enable Windows Defender Application Control with the Intelligent Security Graph feature enabled.
- Deploys search strengths to devices. To access the Search Results Policy (on a device that has the June 2022 Cumulative Update Preview or July 2022 Monthly Quality Update installed), go to C:WindowsPolicyDefinitions and locate Search.admx. For your convenience, we will release an updated version of the Administrative Templates (.Admx) for Windows 11, version 21H2 at the Microsoft Download Center soon.
- Fixes an issue that causes explorer.exe to stop working when using the play and pause buttons on the keyboard on some devices.
- Fixes an issue that causes explorer.exe to stop working when using the Start menu context menu (Win+X) and an external monitor is connected to your device.
- Fixes an issue that displays a blank window that you cannot close when hovering over the search icon in the taskbar.
- Reduces resource contention overhead in high input/output operations per second (IOPS) scenarios that have many threads competing on a single file.
- Addresses an issue that causes Windows Profile Service to fail sporadically. The failure may occur during connection. The error message is “gpsvc service failed to connect. Access denied”.
If you have installed previous updates, only the new updates contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
You can manually download and install Windows 11 update KB5015882 by clicking here. If you need help understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our noob-friendly step-by-step tutorial.