You’re probably familiar with Google Drive as a platform for sharing videos and files with colleagues and friends, but what if you want to share a video that plays at a specific time when your recipient is watching it. open?
Luckily, if you want to share your Google Drive video with a timestamp for your recipient, you can.
How to Link a Timestamp in a Google Drive Video
Whether you want to share your video file with non-Gmail accounts or Gmail accounts, there is a way to do it without making them watch the entire video. To link to a specific moment in your Google Drive video, you need to create a custom link by adding a parameter to the video URL.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Google Drive.
- Navigate to your video file.
- Right click on your video and select Get the link.
- Select Copy link.
How to add a parameter to your video URL
To add parameters, just follow the steps below.
- Paste your video link into a new tab in your browser.
- Your link will look like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DF1TNmf3siMh8slZJ49dZ1BY_XT7B9tW/view?usp=sharingm
- Edit the link and remove all the symbols you see after see?.
- To add t= along with the time you want your video to start.
- In the link, you will add m for minutes and s for seconds. So if you want your video to start at two minutes and ten seconds when your recipient plays it, your link would look like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DF1TNmf3siMh8slZJ49dZ1BY_XT7B9tW/view?t=2m10s
This link will not prevent your recipients from watching the full video; it will simply start at the time you set. You also need to make sure they have shared access to your Google Drive file.
Make video sharing hassle-free
You can become a Google Drive pro by easily sharing files without annoying your recipients. The instructions mentioned above will get you straight to the point when sharing a Google Drive video file.
Linking a timestamp in a Google Drive video is one of the best ways to share files with anyone on the web. However, there are many other ways to share files online.