For fans of the popular Todoist task manager app, there isn’t much you can ask for. Other than a more elaborate calendar view, of course.
While Todoist is great for tracking tasks and projects for its daily and upcoming views, it doesn’t have an easy way to view a monthly calendar.
Fortunately, for iOS and Mac users, it’s easy to integrate Todoist with Apple Calendar. Here’s how.
How to Integrate Todoist Calendar Feed with Apple Calendar
If you want to integrate your entire Todoist calendar app flow with your Apple calendar, there are two ways to do it: Mac and iOS.
1. How to link Todoist Calendar Feed with Apple Calendar on Mac
To integrate your Todoist and Apple Calendar calendar feed on Mac, follow these steps:
1. Open your Todoist desktop app.
2. Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Select Integrations.
4. Under Calendar subscription URL (iCal), click Copy to clipboard.
5. Open the Apple Calendar app.
6. Select File> New Calendar Subscription.
7. Paste the URL of the iCal feed.
8. Click on Subscribe.
9. Select the Automatic refresh rate.
10. Click on Okay to confirm the integration.
2.How to link Todoist Calendar Feed with Apple Calendar on iOS
If you want to sync your Todoist app with your Apple Calendar using your iPhone, here’s how on iOS:
1. Open your mobile phone’s browser.
2. Go to the Todoist website.
3. In the upper right corner, tap your profile picture.
4. Select Integrations.
5. Under Calendar subscription URL (iCal), tap Copy to clipboard.
6. Open your iPhone settings.
7. Press Calendar> Accounts> Add account.
8. Select Other> Add a subscribed calendar.
9. Paste the URL you copied from the Todoist website.
10. Press Following.
11. If you want, you can also rename the calendar to something easier to remember.
How to integrate the Todoist Project Calendar flow with Apple Calendar
If you only want to sync a specific Todoist Project Calendar app feed with your Apple Calendar, here’s how on Mac and iOS.
1.How to link Todoist Project Calendar Feed with Apple Calendar on Mac
To link a project calendar on Todoist with your Apple calendar using Mac, follow these steps:
1. Open your Todoist app.
2. Click on the three dots icon in the upper right corner.
3. Select Project schedule flow.
4. Under the URL for the calendar feed, click Copy to clipboard.
5. Open your Apple Calendar app.
6. Click on File> New Calendar Subscription.
7. Paste the iCal feed you copied from the Todoist app in the space provided.
8. Proceed to the selection of the Automatic refresh rate.
9. Click on Okay to confirm.
2.How to link Todoist Project Calendar Flow with Apple Calendar on iOS
To sync a Todoist project calendar with Apple Calendar on iOS, here are the steps to follow.
1. Go to the Todoist website.
2. Press the three dots icon.
3. Select Project schedule flow.
4. Under the URL of the project feed, tap Copy to clipboard.
5. Open your iPhone Settings app.
6. Press Calendar> Accounts> Add account.
7. Select Other> Add a subscribed calendar.
8. Paste the URL of the Todoist website.
9. Press Following.
10. If you prefer to rename the calendar, you can do so before pressing. To safeguard to confirm.
Limitations of the Todoist and Apple Calendar integration
Unfortunately, the integration of Todoist and Apple Calendar has some limitations. For example, Todoist tasks will appear color-coded as a single Todoist calendar on your Apple calendar.
With this, you can’t expect your tasks to be color coded based on your Todoist categories. However, you will be able to see its project category and a link to complete the task through the Event Notes section of the Apple Calendar.
Alternatively, you can also import each project calendar separately, so Apple Calendar will assign a different color per project calendar for each integration. You can also sync your Google calendar with Todoist.
Also, you can’t add tasks to your Todoist from the Apple Calendar. So if you want to add tasks to your Todoist, you need to open the Todoist app itself.
Keep your life organized with Todoist and the Apple Calendar
Until Todoist releases more features for Calendar Views, Apple Calendar integration is your best bet for a usable monthly Todoist experience.
While its onboarding features aren’t seamless, connecting to Apple Calendar is a great way to stay on track with all of your Todoist projects.
Make task management easier with these shortcuts and tips from Todoist.
About the Author