Online process, link with SMS,
PAN link with Aadhar status, www. incometax.gov.in pan aadhar link, PAN link with Aadhar offline, PAN link with Aadhar via SMS
The Indian government has made it mandatory to link the PAN (permanent account number) with the aadhar card. With the connection PAN card With the Aadhar card, the income tax department can easily track all transactions of the user. In this article, we will discuss the process of linking PAN card with Aadhar card online.
Link PAN with Aadhar map
The Indian government has made it compulsory for all Indians to bind their Permanent account number card with his Aadhar card. The central government has extended the deadline for AADHAR-PAN linkage to March 31, 2023. Previously, the last PAN linkage date with Aadhar was March 31, 2023, the reason for extending the AADHAR PAN linkage date is due to Covid-19 in India. A fine will be imposed on the taxpayer or the individual if he has not linked his PAN card to the Aadhaar card before 31/03/2023.
Associate the PAN card with the Aadhar card before March 31, 2023
Linking the PAN card to the Aadhar card is an important process, it will enable smooth transactions on Rs. 50,000 and it will allow your tax return to process smoothly. The Income Tax Department announced that if anyone fails to link their permanent account number card with Aadhar before 31st March 2023, the individual’s PAN card will become inoperative. The department also said that inoperative PAN cardholders would face severe consequences under the Computers Act and be fined Rs. 10,000 under Section 272B of the Computers Act.
Consequences of not linking the PAN card with Aadhar
The Income Tax Department said that PAN card holders inoperative due to PAN not being linked with Aadhar card should face severe consequences under the IT Act and a fine of Rs. 10,000 under article 272B of the computer law. If your PAN card is not linked to your Aadhar card before 31st March 2023, then you have to face serious problems like
- Your PAN card becomes invalid and the user will not be able to perform financial transactions.
- A 20% TDS will be imposed on your transactions and you will not get any refund.
- You will not be eligible for any type of loan in the future.
- The user will not be able to purchase foreign currencies over Rs 50,000.
- It will be impossible for the non-operational PAN card user to reserve a FD of more than Rs 50,000; he will not receive any new debit and credit cards from the bank.
- Depositing cash above Rs 50000 and maintaining a mutual fund will not be allowed to the person whose PAN card is not linked to the aadhar card.
- A fine of Rs 1000 will be imposed.
Combine PAN with Aadhar card benefits
- It would be easier to detect fake PAN cards used in tax evasion.
- The government would be able to identify multiple permanent account number cards registered under the same name and take corrective action if this occurs.
- The government will be able to broaden its revenue base and pass the savings on to you in the form of reduced tax rates once tax evasion has diminished.
- It will allow taxpayers to easily file their forms online.
- Currently, when filing your tax return, you have required a physical signature or a digital signature, but by linking your AADHAAR to your permanent account number, you can authenticate your return via your AADHAR number itself.
- It will also be easier to keep track of his taxes by attaching a summary to Aadhaar for future reference.
Important Documents Needed to Link PAN Card to Aadhar Card
- Map of Adar
- PAN card
- Phone number
Link PAN with Aadhar online process
- A welcome page will appear on your screen.
- If you are a new user, you must register first.
- After registering, you must log in by entering your user ID, password and captcha code.
- A new pop-up will appear on your, asking you to link your PAN card to your AADHAR card.
- Alternatively, go to menu bar > profile settings > AADHAR link.
- Enter details such as name, date of birth and gender, same as mentioned in your PAN details.
- Now check the details, if you find any errors in it, fix them.
- If the details are correct and match, you can enter your AADHAR number and click on the “link now” option.
- After clicking on Bind Now tab, you will get a pop-up message confirming binding your PAN card with Aadhar
How to link PAN with Aadhar via SMS
The income tax department said that the user can also link their permanent account number to the Aadhar card SMS. The process of linking with SMS is very simple and hassle-free. If you want to link PAN to Aadhar via SMS, you need to send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered aadhar number in a specific format. Please send the SMS in the format mentioned below.
UIDPAN 103049587890 EPVPS8384S
Linking the PAN card to the Aadhar card is very important because the income tax department wants to keep track of all transactions to prevent money laundering, black money, income tax invasion , etc. We suggest you link your PAN to Aadhar to avoid fines and other consequences.